I am passionate about helping people move beyond their past and into a full, authentic life. Trauma affects us all at some level – surviving physical pain, emotional pain, or spiritual pain – and it can keep us from living the life we want. I want to see you thrive through your healing process instead of continuing to struggle with worry, overwhelm, anxiety, depression, grief, and unhealthy relationships. My approach to healing is unique; you will experience authenticity, fulfillment, balance, and empowerment while addressing the tough issues and past trauma of the mind, body, spirit and relationships.
Not every therapy technique is suited for every issue. I use my training as a therapist and musician to find creative ways to help move you through anxiety, depression, and grief to create smooth and joy-filled transitions.
One of my favorite and most effective modes of treatment is the Bonny Method of Guided Imagery and Music, and I am the only trained provider of this method in this area of TN.
- I treat a wide range of issues: Coping Skills, domestic violence, eating disorders, grief, parenting and relationship issues, self harm and depression, anxiety and panic attacks, chronic pain and illness, divorce recovery, obsessive compulsive disorder, post traumatic stress, sexual abuse, childhood trauma, military trauma, self esteem, sexuality issues, LGBT issues, and
- I specialize in treating the anxiety spectrum, PTSD, and disordered eating.
- I work individually with clients age 12-60, and with couples and families of all sizes. I do not work with young children individually.
- I use a wide variety of treatment modalities that include creativity, therapeutic art, music therapy, the Bonny Method of Guided Imagery, meditation, the MARI assessment, EMDR, as well as more traditional talk therapy methods.
- I have been a board certified music therapist since 2004, and I graduated from ETSU in 2007 with an M.A. in Marriage and Family Counseling. In 2013, I graduated from the Integrative Music Institute with the FAMI credential in guided imagery and now serve as a supervisor for the Bonney Method students.